Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pesto-Crusted Pork Tenderloin

I created this when I needed to use up a pork tenderloin I purchased, but was tired of the "same old thing." I had some leftover pesto in the fridge, blended it up with some old breadcrumbs, and it made an amazing dish! Please try this; it's one of the things I'm most proud of lately.

Serves 3-4

Pork tenderloin
1/2 cup pesto (get my recipe here, or make your own!)
breadcrumbs (my favorite lately is stale, ground-up pretzels. The dry texture and salty malt flavor of the pretzel are fantastic, but any old cracker or breadcrumb will do)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking pan with pan spray to keep it from sticking.

Mix enough breadcrumbs into the pesto to make a thick paste. spread paste generously and in a thick layer over the tenderloin, completely coating it on all sides. Be generous!

Bake in prepared baking dish for 45 - 60 mins, or until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees. Let rest for 10 mins. Slice at an angle and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment